Sunday 12 March 2017

Infusions Of Springtime

Infusions Of Springtime


Hi All

This is a triptych that I made for the Paperartsy Challenge ...  Paints and  Infusions Challenge. I love springtime and daffodils. The translucent Frescos and infusions together give the project a springtime feel to me, 

Ingredients

Gesso
Selection of vintage papers
Matt medium
Arch die cut shapes
Fresco paints in Snowflake, Inky Pool, Yellow Submarine and Limelight.
Infusions in Royal Blood, Emerald Isle and A Bit Jaded.
Black Archival ink
Archival ink in Forget Me Not
PaperArtsy stamps by Lin Brown, ELB29, ELB30 and ELB34
Gold paint
Black embossing powder
Tyvek


I gessoed the die cuts and then adhered some scraps of vintage papers using matt medium. While this was drying I sprinkled the infusions onto a plain piece of card and spritzed with water. When this was dry I heat embossed a selection of leaves from the Lin Brown stamps which I then cut out.


On the outer arch rims I applied paint using my finger.  I used the inky pool, lime light and yellow submarine. I then sprinkled on some infusions, spritzed with water and left it to dry naturally.


  Each full arch was painted in one of the three Fresco colours and I then put on a coating of metallic glaze on top.

When everything was dry I stamped on a variety of images using snowflake paint,  forget-me-not and black archival ink. I then added some white paint splatters.

I glued the arches together  and used Tyvek for the hinges (I had painted the part that would show in gold).

I then edged the arches in gold paint and glued on the leaves, some thread and some paper covered wire (can't remember the name for this...oops!!)

Finally I sprinkled a tiny amount of emerald isle infusions onto a piece of card, spritzed it with water and then brushed over it after which I stamped the words I wanted to use on top, cut them out and edged with black ink.


And...finished!!

As usual any mistakes are mine own and proud!
Happy messiness to you all.
xxxx


3 comments:

  1. I love the glaze over those colours you used, what a great triptcyh

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased that you managed to enter the challenge Tricia. Love your creation, it's amazing! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done getting your entry in - I got distracted and missed it - lovely project xx

    ReplyDelete